Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Movin, movin, movin

I hate moving.  Well, I hate this side of moving.  The packing, sorting, loading, planning, prep, and praying that everyone who offered to help on the big day will be able to show!  I hate it.  And it has started, maybe even a week too late.  The moving truck comes in two weeks and 4 days, and I don't know how I'll be ready, because though I have lived in 17 different houses in my life (some more than once), I have never, ever packed up a house of 5 people all.by.my.self.  I hate it.

And in the middle of all that, I feel like there is a lot more of this than normal:



And not nearly enough of this:

In addition to our move, we are planning for after-Army life through my constant job hunt.  I'm applying to jobs every day, and today I had a phone interview.  It's hard to not know where we are going to end up, maybe even more than in Army life, because at least then we knew we had an Army community to fall back on.  Wherever we are going, there most likely will not be that.

Well, just wanted to throw in a quick update.  I have some hints to when D should be stateside, but am not willing to even put a hint of it into print for fear of jinxing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment