Friday, February 3, 2012

About Face

The title of my blog, "Yield, Army Life Crossing" is how I have often considered our existence in the Army when I'm not putting much thought in to it.  My husband Daniel and I have been "yielding" together for over seven years now, ever since we married in October of '04; Daniel has been in for over ten years.  I have never considered that this life would be an ongoing one - in my mind it was always just something that we were getting out of the way until we were ready to start our "real life".
I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the lifestyle and opportunities the Army has given us, so please do not think that this is going to be a blog that focuses on bashing and smashing the government and military; it is not.  Along the way I have met friends that I can't imagine living without, lived in places I never would have had the opportunity to even visit without the military, and lived a comfortable lifestyle that a typical couple without a college degree between them would not have been awarded.  What this blog is about is sharing and exploring our life and my feelings on such at any given moment. 
I have decided to start this blog now because Daniel will be deploying to Afghanistan within the next couple months.  This will be our first deployment as a married couple, and his first "combat" deployment; he has previously served in Kosovo and Cuba before we were married, and he was stationed in Korea for a year in the early stage of our marriage.  Having this blog as an outpouring of my fears, the happenings, and our life along the way will hopefully help the process flow a little more smoothly.
Although I certainly plan to discuss our life as a military family, I am indeed just an average wife living a life that, to some, is a little less than ordinary.  That said, I'll obviously also discuss life as a mom, as a student, as a friend, as a daughter, as a christian, and as just a normal woman.  I look forward to looking back on this 15 months from now and knowing that we survived this deployment, and having the ability to look at each step that took us through it.  For the next year I will be yielding my daily life to what the military has asked of my husband, has asked of us.  But you better believe I will also be living!

1 comment:

  1. God has seen you through so much already. Just remember that he's up ahead of you working out the details!

    ReplyDelete